6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Summary: Prince Janus, leader of the Most Serene Union of Thalassa, Neridia, Istvanistan, and St. Andre, made a visit to Port Saint Andre to bolster the morale of its defenders, who have endured periodic episodes of bombardment by short-range ballistic missiles since the Battle of Carama Bay. During his speech the Prince addressed the attacks mounted by followers of the Stripping Path upon Natopian citizens living in the south-apollonian enclave. The Prince promised retribution against the Haifan emigre group known as the Sons of St.Andre and this pledge was swiftly followed up by an official decree.
Prince Janus arrived to the city of St. Andre greeted by crowds of people in his first visit to the city since the start of the war. Holding high ranks across the branches of the MSUAF, he always appeared in military uniform. His first stops were to visit local barracks to inspect the troops and visits to several work places around the city.
The day following the Prince's arrival, he visited bombed areas to see the damage caused by enemy attacks.
At 6 pm, the Prince spoke to the people of St. Andre. In his broadcast, he talked of the difficult times ahead and urged the people of St. Andre to stand firm:
This was subsequently followed up by the issuing of letters of marque and reprisal that set out the following wide ranging objectives:My dear Andrinos,
For quite a time now we have witnessed the unprecedented ordeal of war, waged right here in our own lands. After helping in Thalassa and in Neridia to mobilize our troops and defend our country, this is the first time I am able to come here to see you, to see the state of St. Andre and to help inspire more strength and courage into this beautiful land of ours.
The strength and courage shown by our military and by our citizens alike has no match in this planet, and rest assured, that this conflict will ask more of every man, woman and child than ever before. We have before us many, many long months of more struggle and suffering to defeat the Jing foe and their allies. And our commitment must and will always remain the same: to wage war in every corner, in every place, with every ounce of strength and energy we have against the most monstrous and savage of all tyrannies, until we emerge victorious.
In this time of great perils and tribulations, we must not cede an inch of our fortitude to the foe. And rest assured, that the Jings are not our only foes. The subversive elements from abroad, mainly from Passio-Corum, in the form of their so-called religion, they use their influence and their proselytizing missionaries to undermine our country, and to undermine you.
In fact, their followers have been dragging our very citizens outside of the confines of Natopian rule into the Green to sacrifice them to their abominable faith.
We have before us a most perilous and terrible ordeal of the most grievous kind, and we must be careful to watch out for the enemies within and the enemies without.
If we are to grasp victory and overcome this peril, we must be undoubted and resolute in our purpose, which is complete and total victory at all costs, in spite of all terror and fear - we cannot fail. To fail would ensure that more and more of our people are murdered by either the wretched Jing, the wobbly Florians or the filth that is the Stripping Path and the Pallisican movement behind it.
Without a clear victory, there is no survival.
Let us grab our weapons and man every position in defense of our country. Let us spring forth and look under ever crevice, under every rock, under every part of our country and wipe out the threats that aim to take us down from within. And most of all, prepare and fight the threats from without, for they are great and they hold no mercy for our lives. Locusts are an invasive pest, but when fried they make for a delicious meal.
In this perilous situation we will rise, we will win and we will rebuild.
Let's move forward, united, and defeat every foe that dares to turn their guns and their vile ideologies against us.
Dear Bous, save us, strengthen us, keep us. Bous bless St. Andre and Natopia!
- Subdue, seize and take any armed or unarmed Pallisican vessel, public or private, which shall be found within the jurisdictional limits of the Most Serene Union of Thalassa, Neridia, Istvanistan, and St. Andre or elsewhere on the high seas and skies, or within the waters and skies of the Most Serene Union of Thalassa, Neridia, Istvanistan, and St. Andre, and such captured vessel, with its apparel, guns and appurtenances, and the goods and effects which shall be found on board the same, together with the Pallisican persons and others who shall be acting on board, to bring within some port of the Most Serene Union of Thalassa, Neridia, Istvanistan, and St. Andre; and also to retake any vessel, goods and effects of the people of the Most Serene Union of Thalassa, Neridia, Istvanistan, and St. Andre, which may have been captured by any Pallisican armed vessel, in order that proceedings may be had concerning such capture or recapture in due form of law;
- Subdue, eliminate, and fully neutralize any subversive groups and individuals that associate with the so-called Pallisican faith, the Stripping Path, including the Sons of St. Andre, and to ensure that any follower or associate of this so-called faith found within the jurisdictional limits of the Most Serene Union of Thalassa, Neridia, Istvanistan, and St. Andre or elsewhere are duly registered with the proper authorities and processed for full neutralization, with all available assets owned by these individuals to be ceded to the Government of the Most Serene Union of Thalassa, Neridia, Istvanistan, and St. Andre;
- Create, fund, and operate within any and all Pallisican territories in Micras subversive organizations aimed at eliminating the Pallisican disease from the face of Micras.
- Following months of anonymous denunciations and weeks of police investigations into a recent spate of abductions, which led out into the Green and the discovery of abysmal scenes of slaughter carried out before profane pagan altars, the Imperial Natopian Constabulary, supported by the garrison of the Most Serene Unions Armed Forces (MSU-AF) launched a series of dawn raids across the urban areas of Port Saint Andre. Officers faced instances of crazed resistance, encountering individuals who defied arrest using cudgels, knives, and even their own bare hands and teeth. Accounts suggest that some suspects appeared to be in a state of what has been variously described as heightened religious mania or drug induced psychosis. Reports of fatalities amongst those resisting arrest are now being investigated by the Police Complaints Ombudsman. In one particular instance, owing to an administrative error some officers in the tactical response teams had been issued Shirerithian mustard-gas grenades rather than regulation tear gas canisters and the mistake only became apparent when embarking upon house clearance operations. Popular anger against the devotees of the Stripping Path, encouraged by the repetition over radio and television of the Prince's description of the Palliscians and Haifans as "locusts", reached such an intensity that additional officers had to be deployed to prevent the arrests from becoming lynchings.
- In the countryside, meanwhile, arriving police detachments were alerted by the glow of burning buildings and the dangling of corpses from trees that Andrinos and loyalist Florians, particularly those followers of the Faith of the True King, had already taken the initiative in hunting down those of their neighbours who had converted to the peculiar orgiastic faith.
- In Blyth loyalist forces, led by General Lambert, the military leader of the Community of Sxiro Municipalities, engaged in what can only be described as a pogrom, inflicting various cruel tortures upon those suspected of membership of the Liberal Party, the Sons of Saint Andre, or even a pro-USSO outlook (although their numbers had fallen away in the south since the siege of Northcliffe and the infamous Southgate Massacre).
- Nine unmarked multi-role combat aircraft, believed to resemble the F-18 in configuration, mounted a low altitude early morning raid during which they released bomb canisters which dispersed napalm and defoliant chemicals over the settlement of Poblenou, reputedly the organisational and religious heart of the Stripping Path community in Apollonia.
Overview: The Sons of Saint Andre were alleged to have 10,537 dedicated followers - so-called "actives" - in the regions of Saint Andre and Blyth. Since the beginning of the War of Lost Brothers Passio-Corum had done its utmost to convert this once irrelevant missionary outfit for a quixotic faith into a dedicated espionage organisation. As such it had become inevitable that an internal security action against the organisation and its supporters would ensue.
Serious criticism was levelled against the operation, with critics concerned that proceeding with excessive force would only produce martyrs entrenching the faith of those who survived and encouraging the weak-minded by their lauded example. Against this, the Sons of Saint Andre had already proved their sanguinary nature and crossed the line from missionary work into political subversion and espionage. In the final analysis, regardless of the longer term "presentational" risks, it was necessary to disrupt the clandestine operations of a hostile organisation that was growing in significance.
- I (MSU-AF) Corps (Saint Andre)
- 4th (MSU-AF) Air Guard Division (Port Saint Andre)
- Lambert-Force (Blyth)
- Imperial Natopian Constabulary
- Local volunteers
All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.
http://micras.org/wiki/index.php?title= ... _HeadlinesWhat is believed to be a small group of followers of the Stripping Path associated with the Sons of St.Andre has attacked downtown Port St.Andre, detonating at least half a dozen cannisters filled with the non-lethal chemical weapon, WM17. In a retaliatory strike which follows a violent attack against the holy city of Poblenou, which involved the use of napalm by the Natopian airforce, the Haifan cultists unleashed the bizarre and poorly understood chemical weapon at several key locations across the city of Port St.Andre, including downtown plazas and marketplaces. Although reports have as of yet not been confirmed, it is believed that the attackers specifically targeted portions of the city which are enclosed by tall buildings, so as to mitigate the ability of the wind to disperse the gas.
Speaking in a telephone interview with a correspondent of an Apollonian news agency, a self-proclaimed participant in today's events described how he and his associates carried out the attack, and provided details as to what he witnessed in the immediate aftermath of deploying the non-lethal gas.
"It was very simple," said the man who requested anonymity on the basis that he plans to carry out further similar attacks in the future. "I just took the gas cannister - you know, it was just like this soda can for the most part - and carried it into an area where many people, families, had gathered for evening meal. Finding a decent crowd I opened the can and placed it on the ground. Almost immediately, a woman kicked it by accident, which caused the gas to begin to disperse at once. Seeing this, I began to run away. I only looked back briefly, but already people were starting to be affected...it was all I could do not to stop and watch. Or to join in. I wanted to join in...I think the gas was beginning to effect me. But I remembered my mission and continued to run. I ran as fast as I could."
Developed in coordination between Nova English and New Zimian scientists, WM17 is a highly controversial chemical weapon which relies on the use of synthesized versions of the sexual pheromones of the Asee-Lisea-Eda. Today's attack against the city of Port St.Andre represents the first known of the chemical weapon in warfare. It is not known how those who carried out the attack obtained access to cannisters containing the gas, although investigations are underway.
""YJD: Een Recwar is prima zolang Bijaro niet deelneemt."
A brief statement was released by the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Natopia:
Isabella Simrani-Kalirion wrote: A chemical weapons attack conducted in Port Saint Andre resulted in 12 deaths and 1,051 severe instances of incapacitation where hospitalisation and potassium bromide injections were required. A further 4,000 Andrinos have required some form of medical attention in the wake of this scandalous attack. Whatever lies the USSO may utter about WM17 being a "non-lethal" chemical weapon the death toll speaks opposition to this. The USSO, by use of its network of corruption, has sanctioned the use of a chemical weapon against a civilian population for the first time in this war, following on from the brutal siege of Northcliffe and the barbaric atrocities committed by the Jing occupiers of the Florian Republic.
No convoluted or contorted explanation of how a Nova English munition came to end up in the hands of Haifan religious extremists can be accepted. The will and connivance of the USSO alone is what has made this atrocity possible. By permitting and enabling the use of a chemical munition, a so-called weapon of mass destruction, Nova England and Passio-Corum have allowed an important line to be crossed and they will soon learn of the consequences for this.
Last edited by Continuator on Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
All this has happened before, and all this will happen again.
A Statement From the Commander of the New Zimian War League
The New Zimian War League has deployed operatives in southern Apollonia on a mission to help combat the fires which continue to rage across the city of Poblenou following the use of napalm against the city by the Natopian air-force. Presently it is believed that at least 730 people have died as a result of Natopia's brutal strike against the city, while at least twice as many remain injured or critically injured. Due to a lack of infrastructure arising from the near complete lack of a recognized governing authority, it is believed that a near-majority of those critically injured as a result of Natopia's use of Napalm against the undefended city of Poblenou will not survive their injuries. Within the next few days, the number of people killed as a result of Natopia's unwarranted and barbarous attack against this humble city of the green is expected to rise to as much as 2,100 people. Facing the likelihood that their city may be utterly destroyed, most who survive their injuries are expected to migrate into other nearby cities of the green, such as Llucmajor which is supportive of the cause of the Stripping Path, or even into Natopia itself.
In conclusion it is the assessment of the New Zimian War League, that the government of Natopia has mercilessly and irrationally attacked with the use of the destructive force of naplm, a city of the green which was not prepared to defend itself against such an assault, and which is not likely to totally recover without USSO support, within any foreseeable time-frame. To this end, it is the position of Passio-Corum that the government of Natopia has committed an act of barbarity and lawlessness which far outweighs the condemnable use of chemical weapons such as WM17 by marginal practitioners of the Stripping Path in the heavily defended city of Port St.Andre. It is the position of Passio-Corum, furthermore, that the government of Natopia should be held fully responsible not only for its unwarranted use of extreme deadly force against a savage city of the green, but also for its inept response to the attack which occurred within its own borders, which has thus far resulted in the death of at least a dozen of its own citizens. Not only has Natopia demonstrated its willingness to commit, and to derive pleasure from the genocide of the marginal and unimportant peoples of the green, it has also demonstrated an unwillingness and an inability to defend the well-being of its own people. And for this, the government of Natopia should be held to account by its own people, and by all nations in support of its people.
""YJD: Een Recwar is prima zolang Bijaro niet deelneemt."