2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Treaty to Establish the Intermicronational Commission
1. Any State who has signed and ratified the General Membership Treaty and been accepted into the MTO, may sign and ratify, in accordance with its own constitutional procedure, the present Treaty of the Intermicronational Commission.
2. Parties to this treaty establish the Intermicronational Commission (the "IC", the Commission) as an organization that operates independently of the Micras Treaty Organization. The Commission convenes in a sub-board within the Micras Treaty Organization's board.
3. The Commission shall not pass any resolution unless to do otherwise would seriously endanger the maintenance of international peace and security. Resolutions passed by the Commission are only applicable to the current parties to this treaty and all parties to this treaty must abide by any and all resolutions passed by the Commission. Parties to this treaty who are also party to the Standardized Currency and Unified Economy treaty further agree to be bound by resolutions that deal with SCUE economics.
3b. The Commission determines if parties to this treaty are abiding by relevant resolutions. If a party to this treaty is determined not to be abiding by a resolution's stipulations, the Commission may impose further punitive actions.
4. Each party to this treaty sends one delegate to the Commission. Each delegate has one vote. All decisions of the Commission must be approved by a majority (50%+1) of the delegates. Specific debate procedures are established and maintained by the Commission when it first convenes.
5. The Commission creates various permanent or temporary committees to oversee the enforcement of the Commission's decisions. Committees must be chaired or co-chaired by delegates but may be populated by non-delegates who have special knowledge of the committee's purpose. Decisions of the committees must be approved by the Commission.
6. A party to this treaty may at any time indicate their intention to cease their membership of the Commission. Such an indication shall be given by means of a letter, to the Commission, addressing the departing party's grievances. The indication shall not have effect unless it is given by an appropriate authority of the departing party authorised by law for the purposes of making such indications. The departing party's membership of the Commission, any obligation on the part of the departing party to observe binding resolutions, and any obligation on the part of or right of any other party to observe binding resolutions in respect of the departing party, shall cease when such a letter is delivered to the Commission.
7. This treaty will come into force once three parties have ratified it.
Bovic Tapferite Empire of Natopia - http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... eb7#p16837
Elwynn - http://bastionunion.org/forum/viewtopic ... eb7#p49804
Empire of the Alexandrians - viewtopic.php?f=101&t=7733
I don't know if Shireroth assumed Elwynn's treaty obligations, I don't think they did. So we're still not to the 3 party minimum.